Lamb kebabs with rosemary and garlic
Time: ½ hour to prepare and cook, plus a couple of hours for marinating
- 250g / 8 oz lamb fillet
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 red or green pepper, chopped into squares
- bay leaves
- Mix the onion, garlic, rosemary, olive oil and salt and pepper in a glass bowl.
- Chop the lamb into equal-sized chunks (about 1 inch or 2 cm across) and stir thoroughly into the marinade. Leave to soak for several hours in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to cook, thread the lamb chunks onto skewers, alternating with pepper and bay leaves. Don’t wipe off the onion pieces clinging to the meat.
- Cook under a hot grill for 10 minutes, turning once. The lamb should be slightly pink in the middle. The bay leaves will burn, but don’t worry about it. You’re not supposed to eat them anyway.