Tomato and mozzarella salad
Time: 10 minutes
This recipe is so simple, and so ubiquitous where I live, that I almost didn’t bother including it. But it’s such an all-round winner that I changed my mind.
- 75 g / 3 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp (or more) extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the mozzarella cheese and tomatoes fairly thinly and arrange them on a salad plate.
- Chop the basil finely and scatter over the tomato and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.