Provençale vegetables with rice
Time: about 45 minutes
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 courgettes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 2 oz cheese, grated
- Dried herbs (oregano, thyme, sage, rosemary etc.)
- Cook the rice in vegetable stock or water until tender.
- Chop the courgettes into quarters lengthways, then into even-sized dice. Slice the pepper into strips.
- Cook the onion and garlic gently in olive oil until soft.
- Add the courgettes and pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes, until starting to soften.
- Stir in the herbs & salt, then pour the toms over the top and cook very gently for 5 mins.
- Spread the cooked rice in the bottom of a buttered shallow oven dish, spoon the veggies over the top and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 220ºC for 15 mins.