Pasta with broccoli
Time: 15 mins
- 50–100g pasta per person (preferably De Cecco casareccia)
- 1 head of broccoli, separated into tiny florets, stalks chopped up
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- olive oil
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta with plenty of salt.
- 5 mins before the pasta is ready, add broccoli bits.
- Set aside 1 cup of pasta water. DON’T FORGET THIS!!
- Drain pasta and broccoli.
- In the pasta pan, cook the crushed garlic briefly and gently in olive oil without browning. Add pasta and broccoli.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed in and heated through. Add a couple of spoonsful of parmesan and some black pepper. Check for salt and add enough of the reserved cooking water to make it nice and moist.
- Serve with more parmesan on top.