Orange and Tuna Salad
Time: 15 mins
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 tin (200g) tuna
- 4 oz ricotta cheese (or similar)
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chopped capers
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 black olives, halved
- Remove the rind and pith from each orange and cut them each into four slices. It might be easier to cut the oranges into slices first and then cut off the rind and pith – I’ll try it that way next time.
- Drain the tuna and put it in a bowl with the cheese, yoghurt, capers and parsley.
- Beat it all up together until it’s well mixed.
- Top each slice of orange with a spoonful of tuna, a sprig of parsley and half an olive.
I was surprised how tasty this was. It makes a very easy and delicious first course. I hate capers, but I put them in anyway, and I didn’t regret it. They add a mild sort of tanginess, if you see what I mean. The only problem I had with this was that the oranges were full of chewy bits and pips. Maybe I had the wrong type of orange. I got the recipe from Sainsbury’s website a very long time ago.