Leek and mustard pie
Time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 to 6
This comes from the Greens Cook Book, one of my favourite vegetarian recipe books.
- 1 shortcrust pastry circle
- 500g leeks (prepared weight)
- 1 knob butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of milk (half-fat is OK)
- 3 tbsp coarse grain mustard
- 3 oz grated Gruyère cheese
- dash white wine
- Chop the leeks, fry in butter 5 mins. Add a dash of wine, S&P, and cook until tender, 10 to 15 mins.
- Beat eggs, stir in milk, mustard and cheese.
- Put leeks into the pastry case, pour over the eggy mixture, and bake at 200ºC for about 30 mins, until it’s set and brown on the top.
- Let it sit 5 mins before serving.