Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tin chick peas (drain but keep the liquid)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp tahini
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- Grind up the chick peas in a mouli or blender (mouli is better; it gives a smoother consistency).
- Add all the ingredients except the reserved liquor from the chick pea tin and mix well.
- Add enough of the chick pea juice to make it creamy, dippy or spreadable, depending on your intended use.
- Leave to ripen overnight in the fridge.
I like it in sandwiches. You can also use it as a dip, with raw vegetables and toasted strips of pitta bread.