Herb-roasted new potatoes
Time: 30 mins
These are an excellent substitute for frozen oven chips. The recipe also works with small old potatoes, although they might need a bit longer to cook.
- 500g / 1 lb new potatoes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (basil, rosemary, thyme, oregano), or 2 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 425ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Chop the potatoes lengthwise into 6 to 8 wedges and add them to the herb mixture in the bowl. Toss thoroughly to coat each piece of potato in oil. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Spread the potato wedges on a nonstick baking sheet (or a baking sheet lined with non-stick paper) and bake for 20 minutes, until they are tender and golden.
Adapted from a recipe by Linda Fields, found in a WeightWatchers book.