Time: 10 mins
Servings: 4 or more as a starter
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 small onion or a small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- pinch of mild chilli powder
- salt and Tabasco
- Mix it all together until it’s as creamy or lumpy as you want it.
- Add salt and Tabasco until it tastes delicious.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
If you’re in a hurry, and/or you haven’t got the right ingredients to hand, you can omit all the fresh ingredients (except the avocados of course, and preferably the coriander) and just spoon in some good salsa.