Grilled vegetable and Camembert pie
Time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 to 6
This is another delicious pie on a par with the leek and mustard concoction. Eat this warm with a salad and some red wine.
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1 green, red or yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1/2 aubergine, cut into chunks
- 1/2 a Camembert (125g or so), cut into wedges
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- a pinch each of dried oregano, thyme, sage etc.
- 1 pastry case
- olive oil
- If the pastry case is uncooked, bake it blind for 10 minutes.
- Put the chopped vegetables into a bowl, drizzle some olive oil over and toss until well coated. Spread the veggies out on a baking sheet and grill for 5 to 10 minutes each side, until they start to char. Don’t burn them too much – they’re going to cook again in the pie.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and add the dried herbs.
- Place the grilled veggies in the pastry case, sprinkle with salt, arrange the Camembert wedges over the top and pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake at 200ºC for about 25 minutes, by which time the top should be golden brown and the eggs should be set.