Chocolate chip cookies
Time: 10 minutes + 15 minutes baking
Servings: about 10
Warning: this is a British recipe. We like our biscuits small enough to be able to dunk in our tea and swallow in two or three dainty bites. If you want American-style cookies the size of dinner plates, you’ll probably be disappointed with this recipe.
- 75g / 3oz butter
- 75g / 3oz brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 150g / 6oz self-raising flour
- 100g / 4oz plain chocolate, chopped into chips
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- a pinch of salt
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla essence.
- Stir in the flour, salt and chocolate chips.
- Place small spoonsful on a greased baking tray and bake at 180ºC / 350ºF for 10 to 15 minutes.