Time: 15 mins
Servings: 4 as a starter
I ate something very similar to this in an Italian restaurant in Nagano, Japan, and thought I’d try to recreate the recipe. It tastes good the day after, but I prefer to eat it straight away, when the flavours are unmuted.
- 2 large fleshy tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaved parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- Good olive oil
- Wine vinegar
- 10 black olives
- Chop up the tomatoes, shallots and olives. Stir in the chopped herbs.
- Combine in a bowl with enough olive oil to bind it nicely.
- Add a small dash of vinegar.
- Serve with toast.