Baked Italian tomatoes
Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 if it's the only accompaniment, or 4 if you give everyone half a tomato each. That's fine if they're nice and big.
- 2 big beefy tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Slice the tomatoes in half through the equator.
- Arrange, cut sides uppermost, in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with S&P and dried herbs.
- Mix the crushed garlic with the olive oil and spoon onto the tomatoes.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven (200ºC) for 10 mins.